Creation 1 (Biodiversity) (20906) | Pentecost 13A (200830) | Pentecost 11A (200816) | Pentecost 10A (200809) | Pentecost 8A (200726) | St Peter & St Paul (200628) | Pentecost 3A (200621) | Pentecost 2A (200614) | Easter Eve Vigil (200411) | Maundy Thursday (200409) | Palm Sunday (200405) | Lent 4 (200322)
Creation 3: Storm (190915) | Creation 2: Fauna & Flora (190908) | Creation 1: Ocean (190901) | Pentecost 10C (190818) | Pentecost 9C (190811) | Mary Magdalene (190721) | Pentecost 4C (190707) | Pentecost 3C (190630) | Pentecost (190609) | Easter 7C (190602) | Easter 6C (190526) | Easter 5C (190519) | Easter 4C (190512) | Easter 2C (190428) | Easter Day (190421) | Fifth Sunday of Lent (190407) | Fourth Sunday of Lent (100331) | Third Sunday of Lent/Annunciation (190324) | First Sunday of Lent (190310) | Last Sunday after Epiphany (190303) | Epiphany 7C (190224) | Epiphany 6C (190217) | Epiphany 5C (190210) | Epiphany 4C (190203) | Epiphany 3C / Australia Day (190127) | Epiphany 2C (190120) | Baptism of the Lord (190113) | Epiphany of the Lord (190106)
All Saints & All Souls (181104) | SS Simon & Jude (181028) | MU AGM Eucharist (181025) | Creation Sunday / Blessing of the Animals (181007) | Pentecost 18B (180923) | Pentecost 17B (180916) | Pentecost 16B (180909) | Pentecost 15B (180902 | Building Strong Families (180812) | Transfiguration of the Lord (180805) | Pentecost 10B (180729) | | Pentecost 7B (180708) | Pentecost 6B (180701) | Pentecost 3B (180610) | Pentecost Sunday (180520) | Easter 7B (180513) | Easter 5B (180429) | Earth Sunday (180422) | Easter 3B (180415) | Easter Day (180401) | Good Friday (180330) | Fifth Sunday of Lent (180318) | Fourth Sunday of Lent (180311) | Third Sunday of Lent (180304) | Second Sunday of Lent (180225) | First Sunday of Lent (180218) | Last Sunday after Epiphany (180211) | Epiphany 5B (180204) | Epiphany 3B (180121) | Epiphany 2B (180114) | Baptism of the Lord (180107)
200802 – John among the Gospels
200705 – The Pink Parables
200607 – Parables
200503 – Which version? Choosing a Bible right for you
200405 – A user’s guide to Holy Week
200301 – The Sermon on the Mount
200202 – Introduction to the Year of Matthew
190901 – Perspectives on Christian-Muslim Relations
190707 – History, Imagination and Meaning
190602 – Compassionate Grafton
190407 – User’s Guide to Holy Week
190203 – Introduction to the Year of Luke
180826 – Excavating St Paul
180819 – Excavating the Gospels, 2
180812 – Excavating the Gospels, 1
180624 – Justice, Reconciliation and Peace in the Holy Land
180610 – Excavating the Lord’s Prayer
180513 – Nazareth in the First Century
180506 – Mapping the Holy Land
180422 – 10 Key Dates in the Bible (New Testament)
180415 – 10 Key Dates in the Bible (Old Testament)
Online Ministry Formation
- Lecture on the lands of the Bible presented at St George’s College Jerusalem on Monday, 18 July 2016.
- Lecture on the infancy traditions in Matthew and Luke, with a focus on Luke, presented at St George’s College Jerusalem on Friday, 8 July 2016.
- Lecture on the Church of the Nativity at Bethlehem, presented at St George’s College Jerusalem on Friday, 8 July 2016.
- Lecture on the Jordan River in scripture and tradition, presented at St George’s College Jerusalem on Saturday, 9 July 2016.
- Lecture on the Church of the Holy Sepulchre in history and tradition, presented at St George’s College Jerusalem on Sunday, 10 July 2016.
- Book launch at St Francis Theological College, Brisbane on Thursday, 10 April 2014 by Nigel Leaves.
- Book launch at SnowStar Institute of Religion annual conference (Stratford, Ontario) by David Galston.
- “Looking for the Nazareth of Jesus: The Quest for the Historical Nazareth.” Keynote address to SnowStar Institute of Religion annual conference (Stratford, Ontario) 25 April 2014.
- “Encountering God in Jesus of Nazareth.” Keynote address to SnowStar Institute of Religion annual conference (Stratford, Ontario) 26 April 2014.
- “Looking for the Nazareth of Jesus: The Quest for the Historical Nazareth.” Seminar presentation to Progressive Christian Network Victoria (Glen Iris Uniting Church, Melbourne) 24 August 2014.
- “Following Jesus Today: Re-imagining Discipleship.” Seminar presentation to Progressive Christian Network Victoria (Glen Iris Uniting Church, Melbourne) 24 August 2014. [Q&A Session]
- “Coins, Pottery and Rocks: New insights into Galilee’s past from recent archaeology”. Public lecture at Christ Church Anglican Church, Nazareth on Monday, 26 January 2015 for Sabeel Nazareth.
The Once and Future Bible
- Excavating the Bible for the Future. An interview for Eureka Street after a presentation to the Common Dreams event at St Kilda Town Hall in Melbourne in 2010.
- The Occupation of the Bible Panel discussion at The Bible and the Israel-Palestine Conflict. Sabeel 9th International Conference (Notre Dame, Jerusalem) 19–25 November 2013.
- Does the Bible have a Future? Panel discussion at The Bible and the Israel-Palestine Conflict. Sabeel 9th International Conference (Notre Dame, Jerusalem) 19–25 November 2013.
- An Open Bible: Imagining an Inclusive Scripture. Keynote address to the SnowStar Institute of Religion annual conference (Stratford, Ontario) 24 April 2014.
- Reading the Scriptures Today. A presentation to the Progressive Christian Network of Victoria at St Luke’s Uniting Church, Geelong, on Sunday, 26 April 2015.
Introduction to OT Studies
- Critical Study of the Old Testament
- Introduction to the Pentateuch: Genesis
- Introduction to the Pentateuch: Exodus—Deuteronomy
- Introduction to the Former Prophets
- Introduction to the Latter Prophets: Part 1 | Part 2
- Exegesis Workshop
- Kethubim: Introduction to the Psalms and the Megillot
- Kethubim: Introduction to Wisdom and Apocalyptic
- Jewish Writings of the Second Temple Period
- Using the OT in Christian Theology
The Synoptic Gospels
- Three Hundred Years: From the Maccabees to Bar Kochba
- Mapping the Gospels
- Introduction to the Synoptic Gospels
- The Synoptic Problem: Part A | Part B
- Jesus and the Gospels: Part A | Part B
- Distinctive Aspects of the Synoptic Gospels: Part A | Part B | Part C
- The Social and Religious Milieu of Matthew’s Gospel
- Key Features of Matthew, Part 1 | Part 2
- The Sermon the Mount, Part 1 | Part 2
- Jesus according to Matthew, Part 1 | Part 2
- Matthew in the Lectionary
- The Coins from Bethsaida, 1988–2014: Presentation to the SFC Research Seminar, St Francis Theological College, Brisbane on Thursday, 12 March 2015. The presentation draws on recent research into the Islamic coins from Bethsaida to highlight selected points where the coins from Bethsaida Archaeology Project (1988–2014) contribute to our understanding of the regional dynamics in Antiquity, in the Medieval period and in the Early Modern period (1700–1918). [ text ]
- 2014 Bethsaida Research Report: Presentation to SFC Research Seminar, Thursday, 21 August 2014.
- A coin of Severus Alexander from Bethsaida. Batchelder Biblical Archaeology Conference, Omaha, NE. 11-12 November 2011.
The Bible and the Curriculum
- The World Behind the Bible (Lindisfarne Anglican Grammar School, Monday, 12 May 2014).
- Keys Ideas in the Old Testament (Lindisfarne Anglican Grammar School, Monday, 12 May 2014). [Q&A Session]
- The Bible and the Curriculum (Lindisfarne Anglican Grammar School, Monday, 12 May 2014).
- “Who do you say that I am? (Matt 16:13): Arabs Christians in a Jewish Israel.” Video of a reflection offered at Ewing Memorial Uniting Church, East Malvern in Melbourne on Sunday, 24 August 2014.
- CSU – Accessing Subject Outlines
- SFC – EndNote Tutorial
- SFC – Using Moodle 1 (Basic subject site management)
- SFC – Using Moodle 2 (Managing assessment items)
- SFC – Using Moodle 3 (Downloading of Student Essays)
- SFC – Preparing a Text Report using Accordance Bible Software
- SFC – Performing a Word Study using Accordance Bible Software