Other Occasional Lectures and Webinars
221118 – The Hellenistic & Early Roman coins from Et-Tell. ASOR 2022 Annual Meeting, Boston.
221008 – The Coins in the Purse of Judas. Mini-lecture as part of the 2022 Open Day at St Francis College, Brisbane.
220409 – Homily for ecumenical Palm Sunday event hosted by Palestinian Christians in Australia, Palestine Israel Ecumenical Network, and the Sabeel Liberation Theology Center.
220125 - After Jesus Before Christianity: a conversation with Brandon Scott and Bishop Jeremy Greaves about the important new book from the Westar Institute.
211129 – Liberating Theology, Resisting Empire (webinar for the global Sabeel movement on the International Day of Solidarity with the Palestinian People)
AFTERLIVES: Jesus in Global Perspective
220327 – Panel Discussion with Lorraine Parkinson & Rod Pattenden, PCNV.
220227 – Introduction to the AFTERLIVES project with Progressive Christian Network Victoria.
Christ the King (211121) | Pentecost 25B (211114) | All Saints & All Souls (211031) | Pentecost 22B (211024) | Pentecost 21B (211017) | Pentecost 13B (210822) | Copmanhurst Thanksgiving (210821) | Dormition of our Lady (210815) | Mary Magdalene (210721) | Pentecost 6B (210711) | Coming of the Light (210704) | Funeral (210625) | Pentecost 4B | Pentecost 3B | Pentecost 2B (210606) | Pentecost (210523) | Easter 5B (210502) | St Mark (210425) | Wednesday (210414) | Good Friday (210402) | Palm Sunday (210328) | Wed Lent 3 (210310) | Lent 1B (210221) | Ash Wednesday (210217) | Epiphany 5B (210207) | Epiphany 2B (210117) | Epiphany (210103)
Christmas Day (201225) | Advent 4 (201223) | Advent Sunday (201129) | Pentecost 19A (201011) | Creation 5 (St Francis) (201004 | Creation 1 (Biodiversity) (20906) | Pentecost 13A (200830) | Pentecost 11A (200816) | Pentecost 10A (200809) | Pentecost 8A (200726) | St Peter & St Paul (200628) | Pentecost 3A (200621) | Pentecost 2A (200614) | Easter Eve Vigil (200411) | Maundy Thursday (200409) | Palm Sunday (200405) | Lent 4 (200322)
Creation 3: Storm (190915) | Creation 2: Fauna & Flora (190908) | Creation 1: Ocean (190901) | Pentecost 10C (190818) | Pentecost 9C (190811) | Mary Magdalene (190721) | Pentecost 4C (190707) | Pentecost 3C (190630) | Pentecost (190609) | Easter 7C (190602) | Easter 6C (190526) | Easter 5C (190519) | Easter 4C (190512) | Easter 2C (190428) | Easter Day (190421) | Fifth Sunday of Lent (190407) | Fourth Sunday of Lent (100331) | Third Sunday of Lent/Annunciation (190324) | First Sunday of Lent (190310) | Last Sunday after Epiphany (190303) | Epiphany 7C (190224) | Epiphany 6C (190217) | Epiphany 5C (190210) | Epiphany 4C (190203) | Epiphany 3C / Australia Day (190127) | Epiphany 2C (190120) | Baptism of the Lord (190113) | Epiphany of the Lord (190106)
All Saints & All Souls (181104) | SS Simon & Jude (181028) | MU AGM Eucharist (181025) | Creation Sunday / Blessing of the Animals (181007) | Pentecost 18B (180923) | Pentecost 17B (180916) | Pentecost 16B (180909) | Pentecost 15B (180902 | Building Strong Families (180812) | Transfiguration of the Lord (180805) | Pentecost 10B (180729) | | Pentecost 7B (180708) | Pentecost 6B (180701) | Pentecost 3B (180610) | Pentecost Sunday (180520) | Easter 7B (180513) | Easter 5B (180429) | Earth Sunday (180422) | Easter 3B (180415) | Easter Day (180401) | Good Friday (180330) | Fifth Sunday of Lent (180318) | Fourth Sunday of Lent (180311) | Third Sunday of Lent (180304) | Second Sunday of Lent (180225) | First Sunday of Lent (180218) | Last Sunday after Epiphany (180211) | Epiphany 5B (180204) | Epiphany 3B (180121) | Epiphany 2B (180114) | Baptism of the Lord (180107)
210606 – The Once and Future Jesus
210307 – The Shape of Worship
210207 – Mark among the Gospels
181111 – Intentional Discipleship | PDF
181104 – The Five Marks of Mission | PDF
181007 – Spiritual Practice | PDF
180923 – The Bible | PDF
190916 – Disciples of Jesus | PDF
180909 – Anglican Christianity | PDF
Online Ministry Formation Nepalese Ministry Formation Program
- Lecture on the lands of the Bible presented at St George's College Jerusalem on Monday, 18 July 2016.
- Lecture on the infancy traditions in Matthew and Luke, with a focus on Luke, presented at St George's College Jerusalem on Friday, 8 July 2016.
- Lecture on the Church of the Nativity at Bethlehem, presented at St George's College Jerusalem on Friday, 8 July 2016.
- Lecture on the Jordan River in scripture and tradition, presented at St George's College Jerusalem on Saturday, 9 July 2016.
- Lecture on the Church of the Holy Sepulchre in history and tradition, presented at St George's College Jerusalem on Sunday, 10 July 2016.
- Book launch at St Francis Theological College, Brisbane on Thursday, 10 April 2014 by Nigel Leaves.
- Book launch at SnowStar Institute of Religion annual conference (Stratford, Ontario) by David Galston.
- "Looking for the Nazareth of Jesus: The Quest for the Historical Nazareth." Keynote address to SnowStar Institute of Religion annual conference (Stratford, Ontario) 25 April 2014.
- "Encountering God in Jesus of Nazareth." Keynote address to SnowStar Institute of Religion annual conference (Stratford, Ontario) 26 April 2014.
- "Looking for the Nazareth of Jesus: The Quest for the Historical Nazareth." Seminar presentation to Progressive Christian Network Victoria (Glen Iris Uniting Church, Melbourne) 24 August 2014.
- "Following Jesus Today: Re-imagining Discipleship." Seminar presentation to Progressive Christian Network Victoria (Glen Iris Uniting Church, Melbourne) 24 August 2014. [Q&A Session]
- "Coins, Pottery and Rocks: New insights into Galilee's past from recent archaeology". Public lecture at Christ Church Anglican Church, Nazareth on Monday, 26 January 2015 for Sabeel Nazareth.
The Once and Future Bible
- Excavating the Bible for the Future. An interview for Eureka Street after a presentation to the Common Dreams event at St Kilda Town Hall in Melbourne in 2010.
- The Occupation of the Bible Panel discussion at The Bible and the Israel-Palestine Conflict. Sabeel 9th International Conference (Notre Dame, Jerusalem) 19–25 November 2013.
- Does the Bible have a Future? Panel discussion at The Bible and the Israel-Palestine Conflict. Sabeel 9th International Conference (Notre Dame, Jerusalem) 19–25 November 2013.
- An Open Bible: Imagining an Inclusive Scripture. Keynote address to the SnowStar Institute of Religion annual conference (Stratford, Ontario) 24 April 2014.
- Reading the Scriptures Today. A presentation to the Progressive Christian Network of Victoria at St Luke's Uniting Church, Geelong, on Sunday, 26 April 2015.
Introduction to OT Studies
- Critical Study of the Old Testament
- Introduction to the Pentateuch: Genesis
- Introduction to the Pentateuch: Exodus—Deuteronomy
- Introduction to the Former Prophets
- Introduction to the Latter Prophets: Part 1 | Part 2
- Exegesis Workshop
- Kethubim: Introduction to the Psalms and the Megillot
- Kethubim: Introduction to Wisdom and Apocalyptic
- Jewish Writings of the Second Temple Period
- Using the OT in Christian Theology
The Synoptic Gospels
- Three Hundred Years: From the Maccabees to Bar Kochba
- Mapping the Gospels
- Introduction to the Synoptic Gospels
- The Synoptic Problem: Part A | Part B
- Jesus and the Gospels: Part A | Part B
- Distinctive Aspects of the Synoptic Gospels: Part A | Part B | Part C
- The Social and Religious Milieu of Matthew's Gospel
- Key Features of Matthew, Part 1 | Part 2
- The Sermon the Mount, Part 1 | Part 2
- Jesus according to Matthew, Part 1 | Part 2
- Matthew in the Lectionary
- The Coins from Bethsaida, 1988–2014: Presentation to the SFC Research Seminar, St Francis Theological College, Brisbane on Thursday, 12 March 2015. The presentation draws on recent research into the Islamic coins from Bethsaida to highlight selected points where the coins from Bethsaida Archaeology Project (1988–2014) contribute to our understanding of the regional dynamics in Antiquity, in the Medieval period and in the Early Modern period (1700–1918). [ text ]
- 2014 Bethsaida Research Report: Presentation to SFC Research Seminar, Thursday, 21 August 2014.
- A coin of Severus Alexander from Bethsaida. Batchelder Biblical Archaeology Conference, Omaha, NE. 11-12 November 2011.
The Bible and the Curriculum.
- CCCRH Foundation Online Galleries: Presentation to Anglican Schools Commission professional development program at St Francis College, Brisbane. 12 February 2021.
- Looking for the Nazareth of Jesus: Presentation to Anglican Schools Commission professional development program at St Francis College, Brisbane. 12 February 2021.
- The World Behind the Bible (Lindisfarne Anglican Grammar School, Monday, 12 May 2014).
- Keys Ideas in the Old Testament (Lindisfarne Anglican Grammar School, Monday, 12 May 2014). [Q&A Session]
- The Bible and the Curriculum (Lindisfarne Anglican Grammar School, Monday, 12 May 2014).
- "Who do you say that I am? (Matt 16:13): Arabs Christians in a Jewish Israel." Video of a reflection offered at Ewing Memorial Uniting Church, East Malvern in Melbourne on Sunday, 24 August 2014.